If you own your home or rent there are always some things that will leave you wondering. You can usually chalk it up to normal things like the heat coming up or next store neighbor noise, but what if it’s coming from your gutters? If you never clean out your gutters or haven’t even looked at them in years…You should be scared of what could be lurking in there, and why a Petaluma and San Rafael Roofer recommends gutter guards to help reduce the following:
- The first thing that might be in there is those creepy crawlers better known as Insects. If you are an insect you to would love the dark, gook, grime, dead leaves, flies and mosquitoes that your uncleaned gutter can provide.
- Next up we have birds…That’s right, they love flying around and doing their business on your lawn, but they also nest in the gutters as the leaves help them out as well. Unfortunately, some birds pass away at home in your gutter. Since they don’t get a normal burial, they remain in your gutters.
- Living in warm climates this may or may not surprise you, but snakes can also be found in your gutters. Yup, I said snakes! You may also find salamanders in there too! That should be enough alone to make you want to call your Petaluma and San Rafael Roofing Contractor without reading the rest of this article!
- Squirrels and Chipmunks. Sure, they are cute when they are hopping around in your yard, but did you know they often carry disease? Making their droppings a major safety hazard and worse if they are rotting in your gutters.
- Last, would be Toys… You know, those home run tennis balls that never came down from the roof or those frisbees that caught the right air. Obviously, these don’t pose a huge health risk or something to fear, BUT when not removed from the gutter they tend to block the water flow which could cause major flooding in the basement.
If you’re in Petaluma, San Rafael or the surrounding areas and would like more information on gutter guards, call Northbay Roofing & Gutter Co. for an estimate today at 707-820-7663.